No one wants to spend time cooking over the hot stove when the weather is nice out. There are a million other ways you could be spending your time, like adventuring in the great outdoors, lounging by the pool or catching some rays at the beach. Salads are a simple summertime meal solution. They are quick, easy to make and packed full of flavour and nutrients. And what better way to showcase the abundance of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables than with a delicious, colourful summer salad!
We kicked this recipe up a notch by making the dressing with Healthy Hooch Black + Blue Kombucha for added flavour and health benefits. The dressing is light, tangy and fruity, complimenting the strawberries and feta perfectly. Check out the full recipe below.
Summer Salad with Black + Blue Kombucha Dressing
For the Salad
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- 3 Strawberries or Other Seasonal Berries of Choice
- ¼ Cup Sliced Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Feta Cheese or Non-dairy Cheese
- ¼ Cup Walnuts
For the Dressing
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Healthy Hooch Black + Blue Kombucha
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Plate spinach, strawberries and sliced red onion.
- Sprinkle with the feta cheese and walnuts.
- Pour ¼ of the dressing over the salad. You can store the rest of the dressing in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.