Salsa is a summer food staple! It’s a quick and easy snack while you’re on the go adventuring around town, or it makes a tasty side dish you can bring to social gatherings. You can make so many variations of salsa, especially with the abundance of fresh, local, seasonal fruits and vegetables available at this time of year. The options are limitless!
For this recipe, we’ve decided to add some mango and our not-so-secret ingredient, Healthy Hooch Lemon Ginger Kombucha! The kombucha gives this recipe an elevated flavour that is simply irresistible! After trying this, you won’t want to go back to store-bought salsa. Store-bought is delicious, but it just can’t compare with this homemade mango salsa. The fresh, vibrant ingredients mix for this sweet, spicy, zesty flavour that explodes when it hits your taste buds, and it pairs well with so many dishes. You can try adding it to grilled meats, use it in place of salad dressing or serve it on its own with some freshly baked corn tortilla chips.
Mango Salsa Recipe
- ½ Cup Mango
- ½ cup tomato
- ½ cup red pepper
- ¼ cup red onion
- 2 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup Healthy Hooch Lemon Ginger Kombucha
- Salt and pepper to taste
Leave the seeds in the jalapeno if you want the mango salsa to be spicy.
1. Chop tomato, red pepper, red onion and mango into small pieces.
2. Finely chop the cilantro and jalapeno. Wear gloves when handling jalapeno. The oils from the pepper will burn your skin.
3. Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until everything is fully combined and coated in the kombucha.
4. Serve with some freshly baked corn tortilla chips. Try adding some fresh lime juice and salt before you bake them.
5. Serve and enjoy!