This smoothie bowl is seriously delicious! It feels more like you’re eating a decadent dessert rather than breakfast food. The toppings turn it into a beautiful work of art. You almost don’t want to dig in marvelling at your creation…Almost. The best part is, this smoothie bowl is loaded with nutrients and excellent health benefits to keep you powering through your day.
Smoothie bowls are quick and easy to make and don’t have to be limited to just breakfast. You can enjoy them for lunch, a snack, dessert, really, any time of day. They also make an excellent pre or post-workout meal, being that they are super hydrating, full of vitamins, and you can try adding in some protein powder for extra fuel.
We’ve kept this recipe reasonably simple with the ingredients we had on hand. The smoothie bowl base is made with Healthy Hooch Black + Blue Kombucha, but any flavour will work. You can try switching up the fruits and vegetables and add your choice of toppings. For this recipe, we added some seeds and nut butter for protein and, of course, some fresh fruit.
Black + Blue Smoothie Bowl
For the Bowl
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- ½ Cup Frozen Strawberries
- ½ Cup Frozen Avocado (about a half of an avocado)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- ¾ Cup Healthy Hooch Black + Blue Kombucha
- ¼ Cup Oat Milk
1 Tbsp agave or maple syrup.
For the Toppings
- ½ Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- ½ Tbsp Coconut Flakes
- ½ Tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ Banana Sliced
- Drizzle of Nut Butter
- Blend all of the bowl ingredients in a blender until it reaches the desired consistency. It should be similar to soft-serve ice cream. You may need to add a few more berries or liquid.
- Pour into a bowl and smooth down.
- Add your toppings on and enjoy!